perjantai 21. maaliskuuta 2014

Lesson on friday

After Bruno's lesson on November, I had a wild thought of maybe writing a post in English, but  I had nothing special to write about back then. Now I haven't got English on this period in school so I decided it would be good to keep practicing my writing anyways. I do post in English to tumblr every once in a while but yeah, practice makes perfect! So if you notice any spelling / grammar mistakes, just let me know because I didn't check this as many times as I do with my English essays... Also it's 10pm so forgive me if  some sentences sound stupid, I can't think clearly at this point of the evening.

Our farrier took snow gums(?) last week off of Rasmu because all the snow had melted, but because it came back this week, we had to give him two day-offs because we weren't able to ride outside and we didn't make it to indoor before school lessons on Tuesday and yesterday. I got my weekly dressage lesson today and the subject this time was bending. I wasn't really expecting Rasmu to be any good to ride today, but somehow I managed to have a quite good lesson!


We started warming up with posting trot and just simply making circles to each corner. There were a couple of poles on the ground to mark the size of the circles should be and for help with getting them as round as possible. Krista said that I had to slow down the rhythm a little bit although I thought it wasn't too quick. Rasmu was not too heavily on the bit - which is a positive thing, bc usually he is - but he did lean a bit to my right rein. In canter we did renvers and a big circle to the other end and two smaller circles in sitting trot to the other if needed.


We changed directions by doing a half-diagonal in canter and then continuing with counter canter. Keeping the balance on counter canter isn't really a problem to Rasmu or me, but sometimes I have a hard time with trying to prevent him doing those huge kick ass changes because he really enjoys doing them! (He's 100% jumper, try to understand him...)

After canter we did some walk-trot transitions in corner circles and in renvers. To the left revers were really good and R was light to hand and concentrated to the exercise. At the end he stretched his back well and trotted all relaxed. I'm really glad he was so great even after a day-off! After a good lesson it's always easier to smile :)


This weekend I'll be having my last Anna's lesson for a while because she's going to some kind of maternity leave. For April there're no bigger plans, I'm gonna take more Jari's lessons but not going to compete because it seems like I'm not going to get anyone to drive me to competitions until May... It sucks to not to have own trailer or even a car with which pulling one would be possible.

Pictures used are from Wednesday! I hope our outdoor melts soon so that I can finally get some photos of my riding as well.

That's about it. Should I write in English more often, what do you say? :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti